Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Any jobs out there?

I have finally come to the conclusion that life here in Red Flannel country just isn't for me.

I miss being able to go to a movie when I feel like it. The theaters up here are open Friday and Saturday evening, and there is one 20 miles away, and the other one is 40 miles away. They play nothing other than G or PG rated movies.

I miss having a place to go and get a bite to eat whenever I want one. The restaurants within a 100 mile area here close by 10:00PM on weekends, and usually at or before 9:00PM on weekdays.

I miss a grocery store that carries more than just a few items, and a place where there is some competition for business. The store here in town has no competition within 100 miles, so the prices are insane. "It is because of the higher freight charges.." I just can't see why I have to pay for fuel for a whole truck with one can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup.

I miss Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and the host of other stores that sell things I really want to buy. We have Alco (I know, I'd never heard of it before either, kind of like a Pamida, but smaller) and Ben Franklin. A new release DVD in either store will cost $26.99 usually, whereas the same DVD in a Wal-Mart will cost $15.00.... again, I pay for a whole truck's worth of freight with just one item.

I miss having a place where there is something to do when I feel like doing it, not just community events geared towards children on special holidays.

I miss having a bank capable of online banking. The bank here is open for a total of 35 hours per week, is closed on Saturdays, and there are only two ATMs affiliated with them. Deposits can take days to clear, but when you spend money that is almost instantaneous.

I miss working with the skills that I developed for the past 20 years. If anyone who reads this can tell me where I can find a job working with Systems Administration, please, for the love of all that is holy, email me!

Enough for now, I have to go to work...... I am honestly at the point where I am considering being a homeless verteran as a positive career move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home