Sunday, August 13, 2006

"Demotivators" I like em.





I really like the sense of humor involved in making these "demotivators". Anyone who has been anywhere near a corporate office in the past 15 years has seen the "motivator" posters everywhere... teamwork, success, etc... and it just got to be ridiculous out there. Anyway, these fit my sense of humor about right... There are a ton more of them out there, so look in on their web site at despair.com.



Mediocrity
It takes a lot less time and most people won't notice the difference until it's too late.


Mistakes
It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.




Planning
Much work remains to be done before we can announce our total failure to make any progress.



Quality
The race for quality has no finish line - so technically it's more of a death march.



Teamwork
A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Flannel said...

And, do you not think that if I had a way out that I wouldn't be going? This are has no concern for me, nor I for it. I am still sensible enough to wait until I have something to go to before I just dump out of here.. A bird in the hand...

At least you commented.

4:40 PM, August 18, 2006  
Blogger Red Flannel said...

So, I've been thinking about your comment for a while, and beyond the initial response, I would like to add the following:

1.) I know that I am free to leave any time, this cry for help apparently wasn't clear enough to you. I want to leave, but I am stuck here.

2) "feeling so sorry for myself but" should actually be "feeling so sorry for myself butt", but what can I expect from someone who isn't able to provide a constructive comment or criticism.

3.) This "fine area" will do exactly what it does with or without me. I don't bring people down, I just haven't found a way to fit in. It has something to do with the high redneck factor up here.

Just in case it wasn't clear, these are the people who feel that achieving a pay rate of $14.15/hr at Marvin is the end all be all of life. They have as a rule never been anywhere further than Grand Forks, ND (about 180 miles from here) in their lives. Some of the kids act all hard, like they're real gangstas, when the mere sight of a real "nigga" on the south side of LA would make them forget their potty training.

Jews are bad, gays should be killed, and there is no room up here for niggers.... that is what they are like. I tend to think of myself as a little bit more urbane than that, and I find it disgusting that I am living with people that find this attitude acceptable. I want to get out of here as bad as it sounds like you want me out of here.

5:40 PM, August 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home