Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Continuing election coverage

So, I was remiss in not mentioning the other candidate for Sheriff here in Roseau county. I found his flyer in the door - his name is Mike Siems. His has a much more professional flyer, and he is involved in several community organizations. Once again, though, he doesn't offer anything that I don't already have, so why entertain changes?

I have asked around at work about the current sheriff, and the candidates, and ambivalence seems to be the watchword. Apparently, all three candidates are "really nice guys." I guess in keeping with the apathy of the area, I'll leave well enough alone. I still keep coming back to the old addage, "If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it."

1 Comments:

Blogger Seeds of Doom said...

You know, if you can't beat 'em, JOIN 'em!! Sounds like you have about as many qualifications as either of the two running, plus you've got youth and treachery on your side. I had to laugh at the name of the first guy you mentioned. With a name like his (Gust), you've got to expect a lot of wind, huh?! And you have my pride and admiration for quitting tobacco!!! Every day without tobacco is another day of life!!

3:19 AM, September 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home